Monday, May 28, 2007

Fixing the world one broken wheel at a time

One night to take it to the grave
back to ones and wait for 2
he's in the mirror and desperate to leave
his reflection on the floor
walk out the door
down to the road that leads to wanting more.

Eyes scratch even when they are closed
like a bleeding heart that chose
she's got her heart on her sleeve
good intentions intact for the vow she seeks
vow not to speak
speak of the life she vows to lead

lead the teenage revolution
into the world's pollution.
The headache of teenage angst can't be cured with a single pill
take the shortcut and watch the clock count down
backwards & forwards
which way will you fall out?
fall out of the middle to nothing you started with.
To the end of the line to collect what's left of the child
I'm a starry eyed child in adults clothing
my teenage years were lost in transition
of my so-called novel for you to read
You're the reflection of life's infection;
teenage wasteland and wasted youth
I lived 15, I'm now 25
what's my excuse?

No comments: