Thursday, June 14, 2007

intermission

alberta prairies are green. so much open space makes me helpless. hopeless. the blue skies blanket. the sunset kisses the horizon. i'm blind and cant see. what a pretty gorgeous view. there is no city traffic. no crosswalks. no parking meters. no trash or screeching cars, c-trains, smog. nothing but the sound of crickets on the pond. coyotes in the distance. on the deck is the best spot. take a photo. capture a moment in time forever. it will last. time passes. who's keeping track. i love this place. it reminds me to remind myself of myself. take a moment. moments don't last forever; pictures do; my parent's house. mosquitoes are vampires any time of the day. can't use enough repellent. it's 9 on a thursday night. i'm on a bus to edmonton. no tv. no radio. thank goodness for my headphones and notebook. distract me from 3 hours travel. i miss my parents. my sisters. my brothers. my niece. is this how rock stars feel on tour? the sun disappears behind the gray clouds. the sign says 'welcome to Leduc'. 20 minutes to go. I miss my 4 dogs.

No comments: