Wednesday, June 13, 2007

someone elses trash is someone elses gold

this cafe has no air conditioning. everyone is sufforcating in the heat
I couldnt care less because I still have half a cup of coffee
the street outside is filled with rushing traffic. this is what it feels like to be downtown again
Maybe when I'm here for good I'll get sick of the day in day out regergitated vernim
who call themselves career men and women. I never want to be like them.
no time to stop and smell the roses, disconnect from my life on the phone, wear a suit of contradiciton and no room for anything else but work.
I can walk everywhere my feet take me and the buses always run
I've got my headphones to tune out the noise of the traffic with my favourite songs
as long as I have enough batteries I'll be just fine.
A homeless man digs inside the trash can, another sleeps in the park green. different walks of people come here. they all have different faces, different stories, different scars, different pasts. the city at its best. or worst. I havent figured it out yet. Spring, summer, autumn and winter always feel different but the city never is. Just enough to make anyone feel like this is their home.

my shoes hurt.

No comments: